- ticket title
- California orders residents to wear face masks in ‘most settings outside the home’
- Canada hits 100,000 coronavirus cases, major challenges remain
- UK ditches homegrown COVID-19 tracing app to use Google-Apple model
- UK ditches COVID-19 app model to use Google-Apple system
- Cuban dons full-body cardboard shield against coronavirus
FILE PHOTO: The company’s logo is seen at a building of Swiss drugmaker Novartis in Rotkreuz, Switzerland, January 29, 2020. REUTERS/Arnd Wiegmann
ZURICH (Reuters) – Novartis said it was working with a consortium of life sciences companies to accelerate the development, manufacture and delivery of vaccines, diagnostics, and treatments for Covid-19.
Fifteen companies have agreed to share their libraries of compounds that already have some degree of safety and activity data. Successful hits would move rapidly into in vivo trials in as little as two months, Novartis said in a statement on Thursday.
Reporting by Silke Koltrowitz, editing by John Revill